CAPS Integrated Model of Care
Reimagining mental health and wellbeing support on college campuses to meet the current and future needs of today’s students
About the Model
Oasis partnered with Duquesne University to reimagine mental health and wellbeing support on college and university campuses. The current student demand for mental health services is unsustainable with the current student-to-therapist ratio. Hiring enough therapists to meet the growing need is costly and many schools do not have the resources to meet the current and future needs of today’s students.
Our model proposes a transition from a customer service orientation (i.e., traditional 1:1 or group therapy) to a therapeutic orientation. Psychological health issues are not an individual phenomenon, but as a byproduct of societal, familial, cultural, political, and even spiritual forces. Therefore, a response from the entire community to promote wellbeing is needed.
Results at Duquesne University
Our Core Beliefs
How to Integrate Oasis in Your Student's Care Plan
Eliminate Wait Times for Psychological Services
All Student Engagement Begins With A Consultation Session
Utilize Oasis Support Services
Offer Additional Therapeutics Across Your Campus
- Refer students to the Center for Student Involvement and the Recreation Center.
- Use students, faculty, and staff as care points for therapeutic resources and therapy services.
- Recommended books, podcasts, and the Oasis App for informative care.
- Offer interactive care such as Oasis Support Chat, biofeedback, and virtual reality.
- Utilize peer support groups such as Active Minds, Girl Gains, and Wellbeing Clubs.
- Offer seminars for study skills, relationships, and stress management.
- Offer support groups such as LGBTQ+, International Students, Men, and Women.
Learn More About Our Integrated Model
Find out how Oasis is eliminating wait times and meeting student demand.